Hey, lovelies! Happy Monday! 💕 Over the weekend, I reflected a lot about my goals for the year so far. I can’t believe we’re getting closer to April–already a fourth of 2018 has passed! I’ve mentioned before that setting resolutions during the beginning of the year scares me because of the pressure that comes with them.
When the year started though, I felt determined to step outside of my comfort zone in terms of writing. Instead of a resolution, I decided to make it a goal and later added other goals that have been on my mind for a while now. I’ve already accomplished a couple of them, but I still have a lot of work to do! 🙂 💗
Here are my 18 goals for 2018! 💛
- Go on a vacation out of state. I haven’t gone on a vacation in a couple of years, mostly because of financial reasons and college. As a kid, I visited Cali, Tennessee, Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan. I’d love to go back to Cali or visit New York! I have always enjoyed traveling and experiencing new places so this is a big goal for 2018!
- Pick out some cute bikinis for summer! And just have fun with it! When I was in high school and even college, I hated bikini shopping because of my smaller chest. I’d cry anytime I walked into the fitting room and mostly avoided shopping for swimsuits altogether. As I grow older, I’m starting to accept and love my body for what it is. I want to rock a bikini this year! Polka dots, stripes, high waisted, ruffles, I can’t wait! 🙂
- Continue developing my blog. Writing brings me so much purpose and happiness. I love the blogging community and sharing experiences with other people. 💗
- ✔Learn how to make my grandma’s homemade meatballs. They actually came out really well and Nonna was proud!
- Get engaged! Hey, Alejandro! 😉
- Get back into driving. I’ve always been pretty intimidated by the thought of driving long distances but the fear got worse throughout college. I didn’t have a car and lived away from home so I just stopped driving. This year, I want to finally start feeling comfortable behind the wheel.
- Go to a play or an opera!
- ✔Share my blog with family and friends. It was absolutely terrifying to put myself in such a vulnerable place but I’m overjoyed by their support.
- Learn how to bake!
- Spend more time with friends. Last year, I reconnected with some of my old friends from high school that I hadn’t seen in a while. It was like no time had passed at all I can’t wait to spend more time with them, especially this summer during breaks and days off of work!
- Plan a consistent exercise routine, whether it be a daily walk around the neighborhood or hitting up the treadmill a few times a week!
- Read more novels!
- See some of my favorite artists live in concert. I went to Mat Kearney’s concert last week (woohoo!) and really want to see LIGHTS, Rosi Golan, and Meiko live!
- Start saving money for a townhouse!
- Buy Rosetta Stone and relearn Italian. Italian was actually my first language! I moved to the US with my mom when I was 5 and unfortunately lost a lot of the language. I can still understand when people speak to me in Italian but have trouble responding back. One day soon, I’d like to visit family in Italy, so learning Italian again is important to me. 😊
- Cook more, go out to eat less!
- ✔Catch up on new movies! When I was younger, I loved watching movies, whether it was a movie at home or at the theater. In college, my anxiety got worse and I lost interest in my old passions. I’m getting back into movies again, thankfully and already saw Annihilation, Black Panther, Game Night, Insidious: The Last Key and more! Plus, there’s Netflix. 💕 It’s been so much fun!
- Go on a picnic by Lake Michigan! I haven’t been on a picnic in years, y’all!
I hope that y’all enjoyed this post. It was nice reflecting on what I’ve done so far this year and what I hope to still accomplish. Cheers to a productive, fun, and exciting rest of the year!
What are some of your goals for the rest of 2018?