Hi, lovelies! 💛 I hope you’re having a beautiful Wednesday! Last night, Alejandro and I grabbed coffee and took a walk together. While we were talking, he noticed that I was a bit quieter than usual.
“What’s on your mind?” he asked me. Alejandro has been a huge support system for me when it comes to anxiety and I feel safe confiding in him.
I told him that even though I’ve been happier lately, I keep telling myself that I’m not doing “enough.”
“You are doing more than enough, Nunzia.” he responded.
I tried putting myself down, but he started to list all of the reasons why he’s grateful to have me in his life. After our walk, he suggested writing down a few statements that’d help combat negative thoughts.
My counselor in high school always reminded me of the power of affirmations, and it felt good writing down positive statements about myself in a journal.
When it comes to anxiety, negative self talk is devastating and disturbs your happiness and wellbeing. I created a list of affirmations and hope that if you’re struggling with anxiety, these statements are helpful.
20 Positive Daily Affirmations to Calm Anxiety
1. My feelings and thoughts are valid.
You have the right to your feelings and it’s perfectly healthy to express them.
Anxiety comes with very real physical and mental symptoms, which aren’t “all in your head.” Acknowledge your thoughts so that you can better understand your fears, and write them down or reach out to someone you trust. Also, remember to talk to your doctor if you feel that self-care isn’t enough.
2. Today, I am looking after my body, mind, and soul first.
Sometimes, we all just need to take a step back and show ourselves a little TLC. Self care can be writing, eating plenty of fruits and veggies, or simply enjoying a cup of coffee in peace.
3. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.”- Brene Brown
4. I am a beautiful person, inside and out.
5. I understand that there is no such thing as a “wrong decision” and trust myself.
6. It’s more than okay to say “no” for the sake of my mental health
7. When I breathe in, then exhale slowly and steadily, I am letting go of my tension and stress.
Breathing exercises are effective when you’re struggling with anxiety. Consider reading up on different breathing techniques, and try incorporating them throughout the day to help with stress relief.
8. The panic I feel is only temporary.
9. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
10. I am doing the best that I can and will continue to grow.
It’s easy to compare ourselves to others, but we should celebrate our own growth, talents, and strengths. If you haven’t heard this yet today, everyone’s journey is unique and you’re doing great!
11. I give myself permission to take a mental health day, night in, or weekend to recharge.
12. “It’s always worth it to take a moment to acknowledge your difficulties, to find little pieces of gratitude, and to make your way back to your center.”- Nanea Hoffman
13. I will focus on today — one hour at a time, one thing at a time.
14. Self care is important because I deserve to be happy and content.
15. I am strong and will get through the cloudiest of days.
16. I am loved.
Anxiety often times makes you feel unlovable, but that just isn’t true. There are people who care about you, want to see you happy, and support your goals.
17. Even if I’m having a rough day so far, I can still make the most of it.
A few days ago, I locked myself out, accidentally wore a see-through shirt over a polka dot bra, and spilled tea everywhere at Starbucks. Later that day, I still managed to have a good time and laughed a lot.
18. Everything is going to be alright.
19. I celebrate everyday wins, big or small.
20. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
I hope that you enjoyed this post, lovelies! 💖 Talk to you soon! xx
How do you cultivate positive thoughts, whether you’re dealing with anxiety or going through a stressful period? Also, do daily affirmations help you with anxiety or stress?