Hi, lovelies! 💛 TGIF! I hope you’re having a wonderful Friday! Today, I wanted to chat with y’all about something that hits pretty close to home for me, mood lifters!
Ever since I can remember, I’ve struggled with feeling down or bored on random days. I am a pretty sensitive person, and get easily affected by my surroundings. This week, my general mood has dropped. It’s been raining almost every day and waking up to dark, gloomy skies leaves me physically and mentally a little drained.
Despite this, there are always things that make me happy even during hard times. Little joys in life can make your day so much better! I hope that these 21 mood lifters will bring a smile to your face even on cloudy days!! 🌻☀
21 Mood Lifters to Brighten Up Your Day
1. Laugh at a corny pun.
I’ve already got you covered with the first mood lifter. Alejandro is a pun master and here’s one of his classic jokes: “Ouch, I got zapped by static earlier…it was a shocking experience.” You may have cringed a little like I always do, but hopefully that one made you laugh too.
2. Search Apple Music, Spotify, or Pandora for new music.
Whenever I felt sad in high school in particular, I’d browse iTunes for songs. It helped a lot with distracting me from everyday issues. Try putting your headphones on and getting lost in the music. Also, check out the newest songs from your favorite or brand new artists! If you need some inspo, feel free to listen to my relaxing spotify playlist!
3. Take a few silly quizzes online!
I took the quiz and got Kevin! Thirteen year old me is feeling a bit robbed since Nick was like, totally my future husband back then. In fact, if you need to a good chuckle today, check out my open letter to him! *cringes*
4. Invite your favorite human over to your place and watch Disney movies.
I mean, it’s Disney. Even the straight to DVD movies that flopped are still iconic! We just won’t talk about The Little Mermaid 2 or Lion King 2…
5. Download Candy Crush on your phone and crush some candy.
Now, I know that Candy Crush stopped being cool in 2013. But, hear me out…it’s still really fun and satisfying!
6. Watch daytime talkshow clips on YouTube.
My favorite talkshow is The Real! The ladies are hilarious and they have great chemistry as a cast!
7. Sit on your front porch and enjoy a beautiful evening outside.
Nothing is quite as peaceful as a starry, summer night. When I was younger, my grandma used to water her grass and I’d just sit on the porch next to her. I can still hear the sounds of city traffic and lightening bugs.
8. Catch up on a few hilarious sitcoms or romantic comedies.
A Few Classics: What I like About You, Everybody Loves Raymond, Sister Sister, Reba, The Fresh Prince of Belair. Don’t even get me started on rom-coms….The Princess Diaries. That is all. I mean can we talk about how they might be making a Princess Diaries 3?!
To quote Julie Andrews:
“A Queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.”
9. Paint your nails and add some cute stickers and charms!
I just thought of something really cute. Yellow nail polish with sunflower embellishments. ADORABLE.
10. Rearrange your furniture, or consider painting your bedroom walls a completely different color!
Once, I painted my room lime green and matched the walls with floral, hot pink bedding. I have no regrets!
11. Google adorable puppy, bunny, or kitten photos.
I mean…..how can you not smile?
12. Drive to a park or lake near you.
A relaxing drive is a great way to unwind. My mom and I used to take rides to a beautiful park in my hometown called Calumet Park. It was conveniently located by the lake, and we’d just turn on some music and enjoy the scenery. If you’re feeling stressed today, definitely take a drive to the lake or beach!
13. Pick out or make a fun gift for someone you love.
It’s nice to watch your loved ones open up gifts especially for them. Their smiles are always priceless!
14. Play around with makeup and accessories, have a photoshoot, and post a glamorous snapshot on Instagram!
Because you’re fabulous, beautiful, and deserve to pamper yourself!
15. Look up hilarious quotes from your favorite show, movie, or book.
I’ve saved a list of Spongebob quotes and Dwight’s most memorable one liners from The Office on my computer. “I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose… And a panther.”
16. Listen to holiday music early!
Last year, I stumbled upon Dodie’s “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” cover on YouTube and played it just yesterday. Now, I need some hot chocolate and marshmallows.
17. Build a fort at home with your best friend and talk for hours.
Alejandro and I did this once and it was so comfy!
18. Buy that sundress, eyeshadow palette, or fuzzy throw pillow you’ve been wanting!
Currently on my way to Target.
Side note, I seriously can’t stay in that store for too long. I will buy everything that comes my way lol! My bank account is currently sobbing! 😂
19. Fill up a water bottle and keep it with you throughout the day.
Not having enough water on a day to day basis causes physical symptoms like fatigue, and can even affect your mood! Make sure you’re staying hydrated. You can do this by buying a reusable water bottle with a motivational time tracker!
20. Complete a fun crossword or jigsaw puzzle!
Puzzles are actually surprisingly super relaxing!
21. Cook a delicious meal for yourself and loved ones.
What better way to brighten your day than sharing a home cooked meal with people you love?
I hope this post made you smile, lovelies! 💗 Have a beautiful rest of your day! x
What are some mood lifters that brighten up your day?