Hi, lovelies! 💛 TGIF! I hope you’re having a wonderful Friday! Today, I wanted to chat with y’all about something that hits pretty close to home for me, mood lifters. Ever since I can remember, I’ve struggled with feeling down or bored on random days. I am a pretty sensitive person, and get easily affected by my surroundings. This week, my general mood has dropped. It’s been raining almost every day and waking up to dark, gloomy skies leaves me physically and mentally a little drained.
There are always things that bring a smile to my face even on the most “meh” days, though. If you’re not having the best day either, I hope that these 21 mood lifters will make you feel better! 🌻☀
21 Ways to Lift your Mood on those Cloudy Days
- Laugh at a corny pun. I’ve already got you covered with the first mood lifter. Alejandro is a pun master and here’s one of his classic jokes: “Ouch, I got zapped by static earlier…it was a shocking experience.” You may have cringed a little like I always do, but hopefully that one made you chuckle too.
- Search Apple Music, Spotify, or Pandora for new music. Whenever I felt sad in high school especially, I’d browse iTunes for songs. It helped a lot with distracting me from everyday issues. Try putting your headphones on, and checking out songs from your favorite or brand new artists!
- Take a few silly quizzes online, like “Which vegetable are you?” or “Which Jonas Brothers is your rightful soulmate?” Full disclosure, I got Kevin and feel a little robbed. Re: Dear Nick Jonas, A Casual Letter to My Childhood Celeb Crush.
- Invite your favorite human over to your place and watch Disney movies. I mean, it’s Disney. Even the straight to DVD movies that flopped are still iconic! We just won’t talk about The Little Mermaid 2 or Lion King 2.
- Download Candy Crush on your phone and crush some candy. Now, I know that Candy Crush stopped being cool in 2013. But, hear me out…it’s still really fun and satisfying!
- Watch daytime talkshow clips on YouTube. My favorite talkshow is The Real! The ladies are hilarious and they have great chemistry as a cast!
- Sit on your front porch and enjoy a summer evening outside. Nothing’s quite as peaceful as a starry, summer night. When I was younger, my grandma used to water her grass and I’d just sit on the porch next to her. I can still hear the sounds of city traffic and lightening bugs.
- Catch up on a few hilarious sitcoms or rom-coms. A Few Classics: What I like About You, Everybody Loves Raymond, Sister Sister, Reba, The Fresh Prince of Belair. Don’t even get me started on rom-coms….The Princess Diaries. That is all.
- Paint your nails and add some cute stickers and charms! I just thought of something really cute. Yellow nail polish with sunflower embellishments. ADORABLE.
- Rearrange your furniture, or consider painting your bedroom walls a completely different color! Once, I painted my room lime green and matched the walls with floral, hot pink bedding. I have no regrets.
- Google adorable puppy, bunny, or kitten photos. I mean…..how can you not smile?
- Drive to a park or lake near you. A relaxing drive is a great way to unwind. My mom and I used to take rides to a beautiful park in my hometown called Calumet Park. It was conveniently located by the lake, and we’d just turn on some music and enjoy the scenery.
- Pick out or make a fun gift for someone you love. It’s nice to watch your loved ones open up gifts especially for them. Their smiles are always priceless!
- Play around with makeup/clothing, have a photoshoot, and post a glamorous snapshot on Instagram! Because you’re fabulous, beautiful, and deserve to pamper yourself!
- Look up hilarious quotes from your favorite show, movie, or book. I’ve saved a list of Spongebob quotes and Dwight’s most memorable one liners from The Office on my computer. “I am fast. To give you a reference point I am somewhere between a snake and a mongoose… And a panther.”
- Unpopular opinion. Listen to holiday music in June, seriously. Last year, I stumbled upon Dodie’s “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” cover on YouTube and played it just yesterday. Now, I need some hot chocolate and marshmallows.
- Build a fort at home with your best friend and talk for hours. Alejandro and I did this once and it was so comfy!
- Buy that sundress, eyeshadow palette, or fuzzy throw pillow you’ve been wanting! On my way to Target, currently.
- Fill up a water bottle and keep it with you throughout the day. Not having enough water on a day to day basis causes physical symptoms like fatigue, and can even affect your mood!
- Complete a fun crossword or jigsaw puzzle! Puzzles are actually surprisingly super relaxing!
- Cook a delicious meal for yourself and loved ones. What better way to brighten your day than sharing a home cooked meal with people you love?
I hope this post made you smile, lovelies! 💗 Have a beautiful rest of your day!
What are some things that brighten up your day?