We all strive for happiness in life, but everyone has a unique answer when they’re asked, “What truly makes you happy?” For me, it’s a peaceful evening outdoors, a song that makes my heart skip a beat, and the laughter of my loved ones. I have also always been interested in hearing other people’s perspectives on happiness. For today’s post, I decided to choose inspirational quotes about happiness from empowering and badass women!
This idea came to me just a couple of weeks ago during a trip to my grandma’s house. She was planting flowers for her garden and I could hear the sound of my family chatting through the open door. The sun was setting above her cozy brick house. As I was helping her arrange flower pots, I got this sudden feeling of happiness. Everything felt peaceful just then.
Maybe happiness for you is summer nights, an ocean breeze, or hanging out with your dog. The beauty about happiness is that it’s different for everyone.
Here are 25 inspirational quotes about happiness to empower you today! 💛
25 Inspirational Quotes about Happiness from Iconic Women
1. “Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.” — Oprah Winfrey
2. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
3. “When do I feel my best? When I haven’t looked in a mirror for days, and I’m doing things that make me happy.” — Anne Hathaway
4. “Discard everything that does not spark joy.” — Marie Kondo
5. “I discovered that joy is not the negation of pain, but rather acknowledging the presence of pain and feeling happiness in spite of it.” — Lupita Nyong’o
6. “Life is tough; and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it.” — Salma Hayek
7. “Well, there is magic all around you if I do say so myself.” — Stevie Nicks
8. “I now tried out a new hypothesis: It was possible that I was more in charge of my happiness than I was allowing myself to be.” — Michelle Obama
9. “Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are.” — Ariana Grande
10. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” — Sheryl Crow
11. “My ambition is to be happy.” — Penélope Cruz
12. “Wherever I am, if I’ve got a book with me, I have a place I can go and be happy.” — JK Rowling
13. “Happiness comes from you. No one else can make you happy. You make you happy.” — Beyoncé
14. “If you’re going through a dark time, don’t ever give up. You can always make your way back to the other end of that circle and find your happiness again.” — Lady Gaga
15. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.” — Mandy Hale
16. “In the full light of day, I don’t want to think about the sunset.” — Shakira
17. “As a little girl living in the English countryside, I used to go running around in the forests, creating my own fairy tale.” — Lily Collins
18. “True happiness is impossible without solitude…. I need solitude in my life as I need food and drink and the laughter of little children. Extravagant though it may sound, solitude is the filter of my soul. It nourishes me, and rejuvenates me. Left alone, I discovered that I keep myself good company.” — Sophia Loren
19. “I like to stay happy, and I like to live life light and make the best of life.” — Ciara
20. “We need more kindness, more compassion, more joy, more laughter. I definitely want to contribute to that.” — Ellen DeGeneres
21. “If I’m at a party where I’m not enjoying myself, I will put some cookies in my jacket pocket and leave without saying good-bye.” — Mindy Kaling
22. “There’s no better feeling than making somebody smile.” — Miley Cyrus
23. “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.” — Betty White
24. “I just want to be happy. If that’s just me being myself, then I don’t really care.” — Selena Gomez
25. “Don’t worry about tomorrow, because we don’t know what happens then. Think about today and most importantly, just make sure you’re happy. That’s all that matters.” — My Nonna
I hope that you enjoyed this post, lovelies! Have a wonderful rest of your Friday and a great weekend too! 💗✨
What makes you happiest? Also, which quote was your favorite or resonated with you the most?