Hi, lovelies! 💓 I hope you’re having a great Monday! Wow, last weekend ended up being pretty busy. On Saturday, Alejandro and I attended his siblings’ communion (they looked so cute!) and we went to Navy Pier after lunch.
By the time Sunday rolled around, we had to catch up on a lot of errands. Cleaning, grocery shopping, going to the post office, etc. For me personally, I tend to get anxious when errands pile up–especially on Sundays.
The Sunday Night Blues hit me pretty hard last night and I definitely needed a little bit of time to decompress. I listened to music, washed dishes (that always relaxes me for some reason!) and read a book before bed.
A couple of months ago, I wrote a blog post about fighting anxiety with small acts of self care. I really wanted to create a more comprehensive list and expand on those ideas. Let’s talk about more ways to implement self care when you’re feeling overwhelmed!
40 Self Care Ideas for Stressful Days
- Stay hydrated and eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
- Go out for a walk or run, even if it’s brief.
- Take a 20 minute nap.
- If possible, try going to sleep an hour earlier.
- Ride your bike.
- Try out yoga or pilates.
- Sing or dance to your favorite song.
- Eat a balanced breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Implement healthy snacks throughout the day, like granola bars, yogurt, or nuts.
- Explore your town for new favorite spots on a sunny day.
- Go hiking and enjoy the beautiful scenery/sounds.
- Watch your favorite comedy show!
- Paint a picture or write a poem.
- Sit in silence for a few moments and meditate.
- If cleaning your place seems like too much — I’ve been there — focus on one task. Wash dishes, vacuum, or make your bed.
- Read a book.
- Create a relaxing playlist.
- Buy an anti-stress coloring book.
- Have a game night.
- Try out a new recipe for fun.
- Learn a new instrument.
- Search for relaxing sounds on YouTube like rain or ocean waves.
- Visit the beach and relax.
- Play a new video game!
- Take a social media break!
- Don’t check your work email, turn off your phone, and truly take a break.
- Make some yummy sandwiches, grab a blanket and basket, and go on a picnic!
- Start a new hobby that makes you smile, like juggling, baking or pottery.
- Hang out at your favorite coffee shop.
- Plan a fun outing, like a concert or art show!
- Hug someone you love.
- Talk to a friend, loved one, or your significant other.
- Knit a scarf for yourself or as a gift for someone special.
- Speak kindly about yourself.
- Keep a jar with personal notes about things that you’re grateful for. Every day, add a new note to the jar.
- Don’t hold in your feelings. It’s okay and perfectly healthy to cry!
- Create a scrapbook of photographs and memories.
- Look up inspirational quotes from a role model.
- Tell a silly joke!
- Before going to bed, give yourself at least one compliment.
- Keep a journal to write down your thoughts.
I hope this post was helpful and you enjoyed the read, lovelies! 💓 Have a wonderful rest of your day!
How do you decompress after a stressful period? Also, what are some of your favorite ways to practice self care?