Every one in a while, we all need a little bit of alone time. In life, it’s important to recharge your batteries and date yourself. Maybe you enjoy solo activities like taking a bike ride, doodling, or cooking dinner. Having enough me time will help you feel rejuvenated, especially when things get stressful.
Back in April 2018, I wrote a post about how I like to spend time alone. On Fridays when I’m off from work, I love to listen to music, read, and work on my blog. Lately, I’ve also been learning new songs on my guitar and baking. These activities almost always make me feel better after a long week.
According to LifeHack.org, there are so many benefits to spending time alone. Just to name a couple, alone time helps with self reflection and productivity.
If you’re in need of some me time, here are 45 fun solo activities that’ll help you feel refreshed!
45 Refreshing & Fun Ways to Spend Time Alone
1. Sit on your porch and watch the sunset.
A truly peaceful moment. 💛
2. Meditate for 15 minutes. Here’s a list of guided meditation podcasts, via Happiness Quest.
Sitting in silence for even just a few minutes helps so much with stress relief.
3. Rewatch 90s classics, like Hey Arnold, SpongeBob, or Dexter’s Lab.
The nostalgia is real! Don’t forget to make yourself a bowl of sugary cereal!
Amazon has this amazing DVD set of SpongeBob SquarePant’s First 100 Episodes (iconic). They also have other classics on there like Rugrats, Hey Arnold! (The Ultimate Collection), and so many more shows! You can also stream old episodes online! 💛
Mine is chicken parmesan, YUM!
5. Make a sand castle at the beach.
Nothing is quite as refreshing as a day at the beach.
6. Journal your thoughts.
Write down what you’re feeling at the moment. If you need some inspo, here are 30 Journal Prompts for Self Discovery and Reflection.
7. Start an Instagram account for something you’re passionate about.
For example, maybe you’re passionate about fashion and want a platform to share your outfits. Take pics of your recent fashion finds when you’re feeling inspired and make sure to have fun with it! 💓
8. Take a drive and play relaxing music.
Roll down your windows and sing along to a few of your favorite songs! 🎵
9. Bake a tasty dessert for your loved ones. My go-to is chocolate cake!
Your friends and family will definitely be in for a treat!! 🍪
10. Sign up for an art class.
I’ve always wanted to take a pottery class!
11. Play The Sims!
I mean, who hasn’t spent hours building a house and starting a family on this classic PC game?
12. Update your LinkedIn.
Make sure to add your most recent roles and accomplishments!
13. Book a relaxing evening getaway at a hotel.
Gotta love a random, spur of the moment getaway!
14. Go grocery shopping for healthy snacks.
Now all I can think of is strawberries and Nutella hehe!
15. Write a thank you note for someone.
Tell grandma thanks!
16. Visit your local coffee shop and try a new drink.
This is where I try my best not to order an iced caramel macchiato for the 1,000,000th time.
17. Record a cover of your favorite song.
Even if you don’t show it to anyone, you’ll still have so much fun!
18. Start a “30 Days of Self Care” challenge.
It’ll encourage you to practice self care each day!
19. Have a shopping day at the mall.
Go ahead and spoil yourself with that handbag you’ve been wanting!
20. Find a fitness class near you, like zumba!
I personally love yoga because it’s very calming. I used to take classes back in high school, and they helped so much with my anxiety.
21. Schedule a day off of work.
When you get the chance, plan time off in advance. You can’t give work your best if you’re running on empty. Breaks are super important and we all need time to focus on our wellbeing!
22. Play with makeup.
I ended up purchasing the Born to Run palette by Urban Decay, and think it’s my favorite palette in my mini collection. I totally recommend this palette to play with–there are a lot of fun colors, so you can create different looks! P.S. Should I do a makeup look with this palette soon?! I’m always late for the party with these palettes lol
23. Take the Myers Briggs test to see what your personality type is!
I found a free online version and I’m an INFP!
24. Start a vegetable, flower, or indoor garden.
If you live in an apartment like me, check out these helpful tips:
25. Write an exciting blog post.
Here are 200+ Blog Post Ideas for All Types of Blogs, via BC Creatives!
26. Ride your bike to the park.
If it’s a nice day out, you can even have a picnic! One of my fave ways to spend time alone! 🌼
27. Visit a bookstore and pick up a random book that interests you.
Pick out the first book that catches your eye.
I recommend any Sarah Dessen novel for spring or summer reading!
Advice from a stereotypical Pisces, such as myself. 😂
29. Have an Instagram selfie photoshoot!
Pick out a pretty background with flowers, blue skies, or adorable shops. 🌸
30. Go through your closet and donate clothes.
Once you’ve picked out which clothes you want to donate, you can reorganize your closet!
31. Take a typing test.
I don’t know why those are fun lol
32. Make a delicious smoothie.
This avocado strawberry layered smoothie looks amazing!
33. Pick a random show to start watching on Netflix, HBO, or Hulu.
I’ve been binge watching Game of Thrones!
34. Watch a movie at the theater and munch on a bucket of popcorn!
I want to watch Detective Pikachu but will be staying far away from Sonic….sigh. What upcoming movies are you most excited for? 🎥
35. Learn more about a topic that interests you.
I have always been fascinated by space and recently bought The Planets: The Definitive Visual Guide to Our Solar System by Robert Dinwiddie. It’s really cool, informative, and easy to read!
36. Spring clean! Organize your kitchen cabinets, vacuum, do laundry, etc.
It’s the season!
37. Try out a subscription style box.
I’ve always been curious about these, especially jewelry and fashion subscription boxes!
38. Spend a morning at the farmers market.
Such a nice weekend activity!
39. Run errands that have been on your to-do list.
Yay for productivity!
40. Google search “fun things to do near me” and choose an activity!
Kinda random, but you might find a new favorite spot! I did this and really want to check out some local boutiques near me.
41. Play apps on your phone.
I personally love Cooking Fever!
42. Make a DIY craft, like this adorable cactus ring holder.
Check out Pinterest for other awesome DIY ideas!
43. Sort through your emails & mail.
Forever working on this!
44. Pick out a personalized gift for someone you love.
45. Sit under a tree and read.
Surrounding yourself with nature is such a great way to recharge your batteries. 🌳
I hope you enjoyed this post, lovelies! Have a wonderful weekend! 💛
How do you like to spend time alone? Are any of your fave solo activities on this list?