I don’t know about you, but I absolutely loved summer growing up. It seemed like there was always something going on (pool days, camping, lemonade stands, picnics, and spending time outside). There are just so many fun things to do in summer!
One year, my childhood best friend spent the entire summer at his grandma’s house. He and I basically hung out together everyday since his grandmother was one of my neighbors. We played video games, watched movies, and also ate a lot of ice cream. To this day, I still cherish that summer as one of my favorites!
As I grew older, the season sort of lost its spark for some reason. A lot of my friends moved away and everybody kind of just grew apart. During high school and college, I didn’t really enjoy summer as much as I would have hoped. This year, though, I am determined to feel that summertime magic once again!
I love sticking checklists on my fridge and created a list of fun summertime activities to share with y’all. Even though the first day of summer technically isn’t until June 21st, why not start planning early? ☀
50 Fun Things to do This Summer
1. Check out a museum near you. Also look out for free admission days!
2. Have a picnic at the park.
3. Learn how to surf.
4. Visit an art gallery!
5. Search Pinterest for summer themed desserts like this one, and then make it for all of your loved ones.
6. Ride a bike.
7. Plan a relaxing weekend getaway at a cabin or resort.
8. Throw a beach themed pool party.
9. Go to an outdoor concert.
10. Create a scrapbook or photo collage. Etsy has the cutest stickers!
11. Join a book club at your local library.
12. Play games and also eat pizza at the arcade.
13. Drive to the next town and explore their restaurants and shops!
14. Make a playlist of your favorite songs.
15. Go out for ice cream!
16. Paint a picture and then frame it!
17. Try a 30 day photo challenge on Instagram! Perfect for documenting summer days as well as nights!
18. Plant a flower or vegetable garden. If you live in an apartment, also consider a succulent garden.
19. Spend a day at the beach or lake!
20. Try cloud watching! Seriously, it’s one of the most relaxing hobbies ever.
21. Have a movie marathon.
22. Learn how to play the ukulele.
23. See a play!
24. Go for a scenic run.
25. Make s’mores by the campfire.
26. Play board games.
27. Start a new summer tradition, like attending a festival or fireworks show.
28. Grab a blanket and read magazines outside.
29. Road trip!
30. Tell spooky ghost stories with your friends.
31. Listen to a new podcast.
32. Take an afternoon cat nap.
33. Challenge your friends to a fun outdoor ballgame, like soccer or volleyball.
34. Shop for fun and colorful bathing suits.
35. Set up a tent in your backyard and then go “camping.”
36. Make homemade lemonade. So delicious and refreshing!
37. Start drafting a novel or poetry collection!
38. Karaoke night!
39. Try a summer Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, or local coffee shop drink.
40. Dance in the rain!
41. Go to the water park on a random Saturday.
42. Host a barbecue party!
43. Decorate your place for the season (beach paintings, aqua vases, and not to mention this adorable starfish wall hook set).
44. Start a journal and write about your most memorable sunny days.
45. Sign up for dance lessons.
46. Snack on a delicious popsicle.
47. Have breakfast or lunch at an outdoor restaurant.
48. Enjoy a boat tour!
49. Visit an amusement park. Win a stuffed animal, eat cotton candy, and also don’t forget about the ferris wheel!
50. Gaze up at the stars with someone you love.
Feel free to click on the image and download/print out the checklist! 🌸 Yay for summer activities!
I hope that you enjoyed this post, lovelies! 💗 Here’s to an amazing summer!
What are some fun things you want to do this summer? Any fun plans, vacations, events, etc.? Also, what’s your favorite summer memory? 🌻