With each passing day, we are all growing and changing as people. But at times, we may not even notice our personal growth! The truth is, we can be our own worst critics, despite our everyday wins, new goals, and achievements. Answering inspiring journal prompts is a great way to reflect on your feelings and monitor your goals! 💛
Think about it this way — are you the exact same person you were ten or even five years ago? The answer to this question is more than likely “no.” This is because you’ve learned new things, overcame challenges, and experienced various life events.
In order to continue growing, sometimes it’s nice to check in with yourself and ask questions!
Helpful Tips for Journaling
1. Find the right journal and supplies.
Pick out a few cute and affordable go-to journaling supplies! ✨
Check out arts & craft shops like Michaels or shops like Marshalls, Target, and TJ Maxx. Personally, I love Amazon and Etsy’s selections! 💛
2. Write in a calming location with little distractions.
Minimize distractions by finding a quiet and peaceful place to work. Where do you feel calmest? Maybe it’s a spot in your living room, home office, near a window, or local coffee shop! I recently bought a desk and love writing in my little workspace! 📋
3. Make a list first, then expand.
Before writing, you can create a list to declutter your thoughts. Maybe you want to focus on longterm goals, habits, your mood, stress levels, or to-do list for the week. Journaling should always be a helpful tool for motivation! 💓
4. Implement journaling in your everyday routine.
For this tip, simply write whenever you can. Jot down your thoughts on your way to work, at home, on the weekends…or when you feel inspired!
5. Read back your entries.
Check in with yourself by reading back old journal entries. Reflect on those entries and ask yourself if they still apply to you today!
6. Don’t worry if you miss days.
It’s perfectly okay to miss journaling days. Life gets busy and it’s hard to find time to write sometimes. Remember to continue motivating yourself about your writing goals! 📔
7. Try journaling when you wake up or before bed.
A nice time to journal is right before bed or when you wake up. At night, you can reflect on the day or simply wind down before going to sleep. I also notice that journaling in the mornings helps with relaxation and mindfulness. Try journaling at different times of the day and see what works best for you! ☀️
8. Listen to relaxing music while writing.
Another good way to feel more focused while journaling is to listen to calming music! 🎵
Put on headphones and play a soothing playlist on Spotify. You can also listen to sounds like gentle rain, nature or ocean waves. I grew up in Chicago and love listening to city soundscapes! 🏙️
9. Travel with your journal.
While traveling, you may feel inspired and want to write about your experiences. Consider taking your journal with you on vacations or even when you’re away from home. I brought my journal on our vacation to Cabo and am so happy to have those memories on paper! 💗
10. Ask yourself questions or try free writing.
Make sure that you’re asking yourself relevant questions. Some examples include: What are my goals right now? Where do I want to be in 5 years? What is on my mind at the moment? You can also find so many fantastic inspiring journal prompts online! Check out Pinterest and Instagram for journal prompts or simply do a quick google search for helpful printables!
Also, consider free writing if you’re dealing with writer’s block. Set a timer on your phone for about 2-5 minutes and just write what is on your mind! This will help you get some words out before organizing your thoughts!
Here are 34 inspiring questions for personal growth! Grab your journal and let’s start writing! 🖊️
1. What are your biggest goals before the year ends? What about into the next year? And the next 5 years?
2. What are some changes you’d like to make in your life?
3. Where does home feel like to you?
4. Which literary character do you relate to most? Why?
5. If money was no object, what would you be doing right now?
6. Do you have any regrets? How can you best move forward from the past?
7. What are some healthy habits you can implement in your life?
8. In what ways do you still need to invest in yourself?
9. Are there any spaces in your home that you’d like to declutter? Or objects that no longer bring you joy?
10. How can you improve your environment? (e.g. reorganize your place, add plants, etc.)
11. Name a few of your biggest passions. Why did you list those in particular?
12. What steps can you take today to further your personal growth?
13. What are some things you want or need to let go of?
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Create a list of places you’d like to visit. Why did you pick these spots?
15. What is your dream job? Do you want to make a career change? If not, what steps can you take to progress in your field?
16. Do you feel like there is anything missing in your life?
17. What are some hobbies you’d like to try?
18. Name 5 positive traits about yourself. Why did you pick these qualities?
19. Think of a few ways you can simplify or organize your life (e.g. agenda, journal, spreadsheet)
20. What are 3 things you’re most grateful for?
21. What are the things that distract you? Note different ways you can increase productivity!
22. How can you practice more self care? What activities would you like to add to your daily routine?
23. Do you compare yourself to others? How can you stop unhealthy comparison in its tracks?
24. What and who makes you feel at peace? Are there any ways you can bring more calm into your life?
25. What motivates you the most?
26. Are you being true to yourself and living authentically?
27. What does your ideal life look like? Write down your thoughts in detail!
28. Do you have any limiting beliefs? What is holding you back? How can you reduce negative self talk?
29. What are some valuable lessons you’ve learned so far?
30. Who are your biggest role models? What can you learn from them?
31. What makes you happiest?
32. At the moment, what is draining your energy? How can you recharge yourself?
33. What are some thoughts that you need to get down on paper?
34. What makes you feel confident? Think of ways you can boost your self-confidence!
Personal Growth Worksheet!
Feel free to click on the image to download your journaling worksheet! 💗
I hope that you enjoyed this post, lovelies! Have a wonderful weekend! x
How often do you write down your thoughts in a journal? Do you find journal prompts helpful?