When life gets stressful, it’s nice to have go-to self care activities that make you feel better. Maybe it’s bike riding, taking a train to the city, or cooking a nice meal. Everyone’s self care ideas and routine will look unique! 💛
Last year, I shared a list of self care ideas for when you’re feeling overwhelmed. A year has gone by already, so I wanted to update the post. Naturally, I’m making a huge list of 100 self care ideas! Is it little extra? Maybe, but I love chatting with y’all about self care!
For me, I enjoy reading books and spending time outside. Right now, I’m working on my summer reading list. The other day, I went to the park and just read under a tree for a while. It calmed my mind after a pretty stress-filled work week.
A topic that I touched on, but didn’t go into detail about is the dimensions of self care. There are a lot of articles delving into this topic, but all of them are a bit different. After doing some research, I learned about five common dimensions of self care. They include physical, mental, social, spiritual, and emotional.
Here is my updated list of self care ideas! I’ve organized them by the five dimensions of self care. I hope that these ideas will help you create your perfect self care routine! 💗
100 Self Care Ideas for Stressful Days
Dimensions of Self Care
1. Stay hydrated and listen to your body when you’re thirsty.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies.
3. Go out for a walk or run, even if it’s short.
4. Take a 20 minute nap.
5. Go to sleep an hour earlier.
6. Ride your bike.
7. Sign up for a Zumba class near you.
8. Sing or dance to your favorite song.
9. Check in with your doctor.
10. Implement healthy snacks throughout the day, like granola bars, yogurt, or nuts.
11. Explore new spots in your town on a sunny day.
12. Go hiking and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
13. Take a relaxing bubble bath. Don’t forget a great book and scented candle!
14. Make your home more environmentally friendly.
15. Have a nice cup of tea.
16. Try out yummy recipes on Pinterest for fun.
17. Cuddle up with a cozy waffle blanket.
18. Have an at-home spa day!
19. Buy yourself flowers from the grocery store.
20. Visit the beach and take in the fresh air.
1. Watch your favorite comedy!
2. Do something that sparks your creativity. Paint a picture, write a poem, or learn a song on the guitar!
3. Recite positive affirmations for mental health.
4. Follow a nighttime routine to reduce anxiety.
5. Declutter your home.
6. Read a novel you can’t put down.
7. Create an anti-stress playlist.
8. Buy a fun adult coloring book.
9. Start a 30 days of self care challenge!
10. Schedule an appointment with a counselor. Talking to an expert in the field helps so much!
11. Organize your day with a bullet journal.
12. Search for relaxing sounds on YouTube like rain or ocean waves.
13. Make a personalized self care kit for yourself.
14. Clear your mind by trying out different grounding techniques.
15. Take a social media break.
16. Don’t check your work email when you get home.
17. Make some yummy sandwiches, grab a blanket and basket, and go on a picnic!
18. Brighten your day with these 21 mood lifters!
19. Hang out at your favorite coffee shop.
20. Plan an outing, like a concert or art show!
1. Pick a destination and go on a road trip!
2. Host a game night at your place.
3. Get away from the office and schedule a lunch date with your coworkers.
4. Invite your family over for dinner.
5. Hang out with your favorite person…or pet!
6. Pay MarioKart with your besties.
7. Send a letter to someone you love.
8. Join a book club at your local library.
9. Message someone you miss.
11. Have a viewing party for a new show. I recommend The Office or Stranger Things!
12. Build a pillow fort with your bae.
13. Sign up for a class about something that interests you.
14. Strike up a conversation with someone new.
15. Start a band, even if it’s just for fun!
16. Make a DIY gift basket!
17. Have a summer photoshoot!
18. Go out for brunch at a nice restaurant.
19. Sit around a camp fire and tell ghost stories…or read Creepy Pasta posts. I’m getting flashbacks of college days!
20. Create a cute Insta account for your cat!
1. Add mindfulness to your daily routine with these calming exercises.
2. Keep a jar with personal notes about things that you’re grateful for.
3. Spend time in nature.
4. Check out these self care ideas perfect for your zodiac sign.
5. Answer journal prompts for self discovery and reflection.
6. Go to a religious service.
7. Volunteer for a local cause.
8. Find refreshing ways to spend time alone.
9. Think about what will make you feel more centered.
11. Buy healing crystals for your bedroom.
12. Plant a garden in your backyard.
13. Light a calming candle. I recommend the Aromatherapy line by B&BW!
14. Start a full moon self-care ritual. I thought this post by
15. Listen to an album that brings you peace. My go to is Lead Balloon by Rosi Golan, especially her song “Flicker”!
16. Stargaze at one of these magical places.
17. Donate to a charity that means a lot to you.
18. Help out someone in your life, even if it’s just cooking them dinner or tidying up their place.
19. Gain clarity by doing yoga.
20. Watch the sunset.
1. Hug someone you love.
2. Confide in a friend, family member, or your S/O.
3. Knit a scarf for yourself or as a gift for someone special.
6. Don’t hold in your feelings. It’s okay and perfectly healthy to cry!
7. Make a scrapbook of photographs and memories.
8. Look up inspirational quotes from a role model.
9. Surround yourself with uplifting people, in real life and on social media!
10. Tell a silly joke!
11. Before going to bed, give yourself at least one compliment.
12. Keep a diary to write down your thoughts.
13. Create boundaries by learning how to say no.
14. Embrace life changes as they come.
15. Instead of comparing, celebrate your uniqueness.
16. Go see a heartfelt play at the theatre!
17. Treat yourself to something that makes you happy. Maybe it’s a new fragrance, band tee or necklace from your favorite shop!
18. Check out a few motivational TED talks.
19. Forgive yourself for past mistakes. It’s important to remain accountable, but also remember that you’re only human.
20. Create a dream board that reflects your goals and aspirations!
I hope this post was helpful and you enjoyed the read, lovelies! 💓 Have a wonderful rest of your day!